Pregnancy is an exciting and wonderful time. However, with many physical and hormonal changes, it can be a time of discomfort. Acupuncture and nutritional therapies provide a drug-free, effective and non-invasive treatment option for:
- Morning sickness
- Musculoskeletal pain
- Gestational diabetes
- Insomnia & Fatigue
- Constipation & Hemorrhoids
- Premature & Overdue Labor
With our extensive training in obstetrics, as well as our personal experience as mothers, we are able to provide you with the resources and treatment options to ensure you have a healthy pregnancy, birth, and recovery.
PreBirth acupuncture involves a series of four to six treatments weekly treatment sessions starting from 34 to 36 weeks until birth. The goal is to prepare the body for a healthy successful labor and delivery. We tailor the treatments to each woman’s pregnancy history, constitution, and current symptoms.
Pre-birth acupuncture treatments focus on:
- ripening the cervix and assisting with effacement
- enhancing overall energy and stamina necessary for a healthy labor
- assisting the baby in being in the best position for labor
Pre-birth acupuncture began with a study done in New Zealand by Debra Betts and Sue Lennox. They looked at 169 women who received pre-birth acupuncture compared to the general population being treated solely by midwives, general practitioners and specialists.
Here is what they found:
- an overall reduction of 43% in the number of inductions for women having their first pregnancy
- an overall reduction of 35% in the number of inductions for women having their second or subsequent pregnancies
- a 31% overall reduction in the epidural rate
Clinically, we have found pre-birth acupuncture to be extremely successful and tremendously supportive moms about to give birth. Whether you are a current patient or a new patient seeing pre-birth acupuncture, we can help you.
Acupuncture, and combined therapies such as moxibustion, provides excellent postpartum care as it encompasses techniques that promote a healthy recovery essential for mother and newborn. It is extremely effective with:
- Postpartum depression
- Insufficient lactation
- Pain and scar tissue repair
We are here to support you from fertility to postpartum. We are your advocate, your support, and part of your care team!